Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Guilt

 I have guilt.

There are some things that I can not have happen during my day.  I will fall into a guilt-ridden pool of shame behind my desk if I am reminded of my little man playing elsewhere without me there.  When I drop of Mister (my son...) to the babysitters, it is about 6am.  He is always asleep and snuggles into the babysitter when we make the arm-to-arm transition.  There are many mornings that she will take him back in to snooze with her until her family needs to be awake.

It's okay.  Don't think about it.  Start your car.  Drive to work.

During the day I am so busy, I rarely have an issue with missing my son because I have no time.  Then, something will happen and I will miss him so much more and race home after work to hug him.  This morning on the way to work, my normal morning show was not delivering, so I channel surfed.  I heard just a phrase of Phil Collins' "You'll Be in My Heart."

My day is ruined.  At least until 2pm when I can ditch this place and head back to my boy.